Healthy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
By Sharon Irish
This healthy chicken fried rice recipe is not only quick to make and cheaper than going to the takeaway, it contains only a fraction of the calories.
It can also be kept in the fridge or frozen and so is great for meal prepping.
How to make this Healthy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
This recipe is easy to follow and is one of my much loved comfort foods with an added bonus – it is only 405 calories!
See below for ingredients and macro-nutrient information for this healthy recipe.
This meal is great for those of you wanting a high protein meal thanks to the chicken, egg and brown rice giving it 34g protein in one small meal.
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe (1 portion):
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (you can use any oil but the Macros will differ)
- 40g chopped onions
- 1 Large free range egg
- 70g raw cauliflower rice (shop bought or home-made)
- 60g pre-cooked brown rice (I used brown basmati as it is softer than long grain)
- 30g peas
- 60g cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Melt the coconut oil in a small container and use a spoon to drop a small amount into your pan, which should be on a medium heat.
- Fry the onion until brown and caramelised, then remove from the pan into a separate bowl.
- Whisk the egg and use another small amount of the oil and fry the egg quickly, breaking it up as you go into little pieces. Remove from the pan and place with the onions.
- Use the remaining oil to fry the cauliflower rice for a minute before adding in your cooked brown rice.
- Add in the peas and fry until the cauliflower has softened but not for too long as it will go mushy if you let it steam or cook for too long. Keep stirring at this point.
- Add in the chicken, followed by the onions and egg.
- Mix together and then add your soy sauce, serve and enjoy!
405 Calories – 34g Protein – 15g Fat – 33g Carbs
Of course you can multiply the ingredients to make a lot more.
Then split into portions for meal prep, it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days; it even freezes well.
I hope you enjoyed this healthy chicken fried rice recipe.
Check back for upcoming healthy recipes and meal prepping ideas!